Discover our chicken tagine recipe: an easy-to-make dish that tastes like holidays. If you like hearty, comfort food, you will love this chicken tagine recipe. Take this dish full of flavours with you in your lunch box.
- 2 pieces of chicken (thigh, wing, white)
- 4 carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 50 g dried apricots
- 30 g raisins
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin beans
- 1 tsp coriander beans
- Fresh coriander
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Pour the olive oil with the spices into a large saucepan. Heat and mix.
- Add the sliced onion, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cover.
- Peel the carrots and chop into thick slices. Add to your preparation, along with the apricots and raisins. Mix and cover.
- Leave to simmer on low heat with a lid for 2.5 hours, stir occasionally.
- Pour into your Qwetch Lunch Box, add a few coriander leaves and close.
Do more and freeze extra tagine portions.
Turn your leftover tagine into a salty chicken, carrot and dried fruit cake or tortilla. Add 1/2 preserved lemon (in salt) for extra taste.